How to cook a Loin Roasting Joint.
We recommend allowing 350 - 400g per person of raw pork, anything left at the end will make some amazing sandwiches the next day.
Depending on the size of the loin, allow about 2 hours to cook and then another 20 minutes to rest.
- A pork joint needs to be cooked for 20 mins per 450g – so about 1.45- 2 hours for a 2.5kg joint.
- Season the pork well with salt and pepper and place in a roasting pan.
- Start it off on 240C for 20 mins, then reduce the heat to 180C and cook for the rest of the required time.
- Turn it halfway through to ensure it’s cooking evenly and test it 10 mins before the end with a temperature probe if possible. When the core reads 65-70C, it’s cooked.
- Wrap the pork in foil and leave to rest for about 15-20 mins