6x Sloane’s Chorizo Fresco
A splash of good olive oil
1 small onion, sliced thinly
2 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
I tin of good quality Tomatoes
1 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
ripped fresh oregano
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a little oil in a shallow flameproof casserole dish. Add the chorizo and gently fry until nicely browned. Remove and set aside.
- Add a little extra olive oil to the pan followed by the onion and garlic and cook until soft and slightly browned.
- Stir in the tomatos, half the oregano and salt and pepper. Gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, cover with the casserole lid and bake for 10 minutes (if pre-poached sausages this step can be missed).
- Carefully remove the lid and crack the eggs into the gaps between the sausages. Sprinkle a little salt on the eggs, cover and return to the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the rest of the fresh oregano and serve with a salad garnish and some good bread